"If you dare nothing, then when the day is over, nothing is all you will have gained."
Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book
WIZARDING SCHOOLS AROUND THE WORLD: USA
The Young Witches and Wizards’ Preparatory Academy in Magic is not one but two single-sex schools hidden deep within the misty green swamps of Louisiana. The schools are widely known amongst the American wizarding community for it’s infamous reputation of being the rowdiest school for young wizards and witches resulting from a fierce inter-school rivalry cultivated through centuries of competition and trickery-wars. Students are frequenters of the headmistress and headmaster’s offices for hexing unsuspecting muggle wanderers, and hosting inter-school midnight dueling matches in the marshes. Legend has it that there is a gargantuan alligator, the unfortunate victim of various experimental (and ultimately irreversible) engorgio charms, lurking in the general vicinity of the schools, although no one has laid eyes on the beast in centuries.
✶ DAILY CHARACTER QUESTION ✶
Who is the one person your Antagonist looks up to? Write a scene where they talk and your Antagonist discovers that they feel the same way.
Want to publish a story inspired by this prompt? Click here to read the guidelines~ ♥︎ And, if you’re looking for more writerly content, make sure to follow me: maxkirin.tumblr.com!
"You’re never given a dream without also being given the power to make it true."
[MERMAID MAGIC] is a writing mix about magic, sea monsters, and a city at the bottom of the ocean. Dear traveler, whatever lured you into this land surely tricked you. There is no treasure to be found here, and our Queen does not take kindly to invaders.
This playlist contains 17 of my favorite tracks for writing underwater worlds, mysticism, and fantastic power! You descend into the water, chasing The Song of the Tides, and the sea welcomes you. Soon, you find yourself before the vision of a great city underwater— and a pyramid glowing with all the colors of the rainbow. This city is like no other. Step into the gardens of coral and sea flowers. Sneak past the barracks of jellyfish riders and trident-wielding Tritons. Behold the pyramid’s gates and the slumbering guardian. But, there’s something else there— What is that song? Where does it come from, and who is it that sings… The Song of the Tides?
Follow the music and you will find her, our Queen.
♪ Listen to this mix on 8tracks ♪
Looking for more writing playlists? I have you covered! Click HERE to check out my other mixes! Made by writers, for writers :D
Oh, and if you want more writerly content, then follow my blog for your daily dose of prompts, advice, and writer positivity: maxkirin.tumblr.com!
do you think whoever was designing the default netflix avatar made a mistake somewhere but just sat there laughing at the result for so long that the whole design team decided to keep it
when an artist posts new artwork and you see it at the top of your dash and it has no notes yet it’s like they just pulled cookies out of the oven and they’re fresh and warm and gooey and fantastic and you get the first one
1. Because a woman brought into this world will inevitably be given pepper spray “just in case.”
2. Because by sixteen, a young girl knows how to avoid being sexually assaulted, while a boy of the same age does not fear sexual assault in the slightest.
3. Because a girl who mocks men is a bitch, and a boy who mocks women is joking.
4. Because a girl who has sex is a slut, and a boy who has sex is a man.
5. Because in a murder, the killer is at fault, but the blame of rape is often put on the victim.
6. Because we teach girls how not to get raped instead of teaching anyone simply not to rape.
7. Because a woman should put more clothes on if her outfit makes a man uncomfortable, because his self control is her responsibility.
8. Because feminists just need to chill out.
9. Because a 22 year old sex-obsessed virgin can murder 7 people, and the problem is that someone should’ve just slept with him.
10. Because not all men are predators, but yes, all women are prey.